Malarkey Promo Video Shoot!

After brainstorming ideas and spending weeks tweaking script ideas and planning travel arrangements around covid… we finally made it happen!

Brian flew back to Wisconsin last week to shoot the montage scenes for our KickStarter Promo video. We had a blast, but it took wayyyy longer than we expected to put together the Pepe’ Silvia inspired Malarkey lab back drop for the shoot. The week flew by though and I think we got some really funny clips to use for the promo video. We can’t wait to get our hands on the footage and start editing it!

Here’s a few pictures we snapped during the shoot….

A huge thanks to RightSiteMedia for coming out to help us with the shoot. 

Stay tuned for some for the Promo Video drop!

Malarkey – First Print Edition Has Arrived!

Aweeeee Shiiit!

After nearly 2 years, 24+ iterations, countless play testing, tweaking and gallons of blood sweat and beers we finally have a physical copy of Malarkey!

It’s almost surreal, ripping open the boxes the other day and holding a real, physical copy of the game in my hands. When we first started talking about MAYBE making this a reality, this day seemed so far off. But here we are!

We still have a lot of work to do to prepare for the KickStarter though, promotional work, copyright reviews, blind play testing, edits, website work, securing a manufacturer, etc, etc. While that’s all a little daunting, it’s definately a little easier to digest seeing just how well everything turned out on our first print. We can’t wait to launch our KickStarter and share Malarkey with the world. 

Here’s a few awesome photos of the very first copy of Malarkey…eer

If you or anyone you know is interested in hosting some blind play testing sessions, Reach out to us on our Contact page. 

This is a limited time opportunity and we have limited copies to share, so make sure to sign up soon!

Update – Blind Play Testing Closed
Thanks to everyone who responded and applied for the blind-playtesting rounds. We appreciate the sh*t out of you. 

Malarkey – Art Update!

2020 has been incredibly productive for us so far. 

We just wrapped up the BoardGame, Card & Box art projects with our artist and are frantically working on importing them into GameCrafter to FINALLY get some physical copies of our game. Perhaps one of the smartest things we did during this process was to provide the GameCrafter templates for dimensions, edge bleed, etc to our artist from the very beginning. I can’t imagine how much of a headache it would have been to try and tackle that retroactively. 

We’ll share the final art work soon, but in the mean time – Enjoy a few of the 24+ iterations we went through making Malarkey.  

A huge thanks to our incredibly talented artist Ersin Erturk! 

If you’re looking for an incredibly talented artist who is great to work with, I can’t recommend him enough. You can find him on 🙂 

Malarkey – Version 1.0

When we started working on Malarkey we didn’t have a clear vision of what we wanted the game to look like. 

We discussed a few different art styles & themes. From 8-bit, Samurai Jack, Archer and most everything in between. 

Inspired by the hand drawn 1930’s rubber hose art style of the now popular CupHead side scroller we started working with a local artist who started developing some concept drawings for us. While the characters were in the appropriate style, it became apparent when we seen the first draft of the board game art she produced. that she was probably a bit in over her head trying to bring our vision to life. 

Here’s a few pics of what Malarkey v1.0 looked like back then…

Fortunately we did end up finding an awesome artist via UpWork to help us get to where we are today!